Job Vacancy: Head Foreign Coach (Singles) at Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy (PPBA)
Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy (PPBA) is currently looking for a Head Foreign Coach (Singles) with details as follow:
Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy (PPBA) is India’s trailblazing badminton coaching academy that was launched way back in October 1994.
The Academy is the brainchild of the stalwarts of Indian Badminton, the Indian badminton legend Shri Prakash Padukone, Dronacharya Award winner and ex-India national coach, Shri Vimal Kumar along with Shri Vivek Kumar. PPBA is presently supported by Infosys Foundation as our main Academy partner, while Yonex has been our Academy kitting partner since our inception.
PPBA is a National Centre of Excellence (NCOE) for badminton coaching, recognized by the Ministry of Sports, Govt of India, Sports Authority of India (SAI), and the Badminton Association of India (BAI)with whom it works closely in grooming players of international repute. During its over 25 years in existence, PPBA is renowned around the country for producing successive generations of world-class badminton players, including several Olympians, Arjuna Award winners, Commonwealth and other international title winners. (https://www.ppba.in)
Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ) is a program of the Foundation for Promotion of Sports and Games, a Not for Profit (Section 8) Company founded by sporting legends Geet Sethi and Prakash Padukone. The mission of OGQ is to support Indian athletes in winning Olympic Gold medals. In the last two Olympic Games, 5 out of the 8 medal winners for India were supported by OGQ. (www.olympicgoldquest.in)
Location: Padukone - Dravid Centre for Sports Excellence, Bangalore, India (http://centreforsports.in)
Reporting to: Mr. Vimal Kumar (Director - PPBA) & Mr. Viren Rasquinha (Director - OGQ)
Salary: Competitive as per sports industry
Joining date: 1st August 2021
Roles and responsibilities:
- To coach Elite singles players of the academy.
- To plan, together with the academy, the weekly training schedule and the calendar for the tournaments.
- Travel for domestic and/or international tournaments with top players of the academy
- To significantly improve the World ranking of our top players.
- To closely coordinate with our fitness trainer, physio’s and nutritionist to ensure the entire team of experts are working together to achieve the stated goals.
- Mentor other coaches at the academy
- To do short workshops for upcoming coaches whenever required
- Give a monthly email report to Directors of PPBA and OGQ
- Having prior experience of coaching International badminton players.
- Having Badminton World Federation coaching certification will be an advantage.
- Being a former International player is an asset.
- To have good communication and interpersonal skills ensuring strong relationships with players, other coaches, PPBA management and OGQ management.
- To have the ability and the willingness to work with players of every age.
- Be able to inspire players, helping them to create a strong commitment with the academy.
- To have strong planning abilities and organizational skills.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria can send an email with their updated CV and a short cover letter as to why you are interested in this role to:
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Subject line: “Foreign Coach Vacancy at PPBA”
Last date: 30th June 2021