JOB VACANCY IN BADMINTON ASIA
Badminton Asia, the governing body of the badminton sport in Asia under the flagship of Badminton World Federation (BWF) is seeking suitable qualified candidates for the following position: -
SENIOR ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE MANAGER
This newly created position is primarily to develop, co-ordinate and manage Badminton Asia’s day-to-day operations and also to ensure proper governance especially in finance. The effectiveness and efficiency of the office shall be the primary concern. He will report to the Secretary General/Treasurer/COO of Badminton Asia.
Hours of employment
Full-time position equivalent to 45 hours per week
Flexibility in working hours is required to accommodate travel, weekends and evening work.
Location & Travel
The role is based at the Badminton Asia Office, Malaysia.
The role will include some international travel.
• To oversee and implement the policies and decisions for all matters relating administration and finance within Badminton Asia.
• To monitor all matters relating to administration and finance, and at the same time ensure the office is adhering to all administrative and financial procedures.
• To provide recommendations on how to enhance financial management and administrative functions within Badminton Asia.
• To support the development of policies and procedures that support good governance (accountability, transparency and control), related to administration and finance.
• Oversee preparation of reports, minutes and manage the general circulation to EXCO and Member Associations.
• To liaise and communicate with the BWF and National Badminton Associations in Asia on matters relating to governance, finance and administration.
• Responsible for the effective implementation of activities, programmes and daily functions of the Administrative and Finance Department.
• Degree in Accounting, and/or Financial Management
• Experience of budgeting, account management and financial reporting
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and SQL
• Experience of managing and developing staff
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work to specific deadlines
• Experience of developing and implementing procedures to enhance administrative function within an organisation
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Remuneration and Application
To be negotiated based on experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will have to re-locate to Kuala Lumpur and should have the necessary permissions to work in Malaysia.
Interested applicants are invited to send a written application addressing the key criteria above and a detailed CV by e-mail to;
Chief Operating Officer
All applications must reach the above address by Monday 5th August 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend interview in due course. Applicants not notified to attend interview are deemed unsuccessful.